Prince Frederick, Maryland /
Urban Cable – Urban Cable /
At QualTek, growth and evolution have been at the forefront of our culture since the Company’s inception in 2012. Our work environment reflects this, as our team has a fast-paced, “get stuff done” mindset, that is balanced by our collaborative and casual atmosphere. If you are seeking a new opportunity, with a clear career path, come join a team that is committed to, “Quality first, people and safety always”.
This position is responsible for the daily oversight, productivity, and performance of installation technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collaborate with local management to plan and supervise the daily activities of market installation technicians
· Execute operational goals and drive technician performance metrics to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
· Promote a safety-first culture and ensure a safe work environment is maintained by adhering to and enforcing all Company safety practices and procedures
· Provide exemplary customer service to internal and external customers
· Review and manage the quality of work performed based on current specifications; identify, and address training needs as required
· Regularly conduct job safety observations (JSO) and vehicle inspections
· Handle escalated customer concerns and accurately document correspondence
· Adequately document and timely report on the job accidents, injuries, and damage claims
· Ensure technicians have the required safety gear, proper tools, and associated training
· Establish, manage, and maintain subcontractor relationships
· Metrics and reporting
· Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Job Duties: Carries out supervisory duties in accordance with the Company’s objectives, policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to; planning, assigning, and directing work, interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing employee concerns, and partnering with local management and Human Resources to resolve escalated employee matters.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Education: High school diploma, general education degree (G.E.D.), or related trade school education
· Three to five years’ experience in satellite installation, CATV, and/or telecommunications
· One-year supervisory experience
· Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency
· Advanced understanding of satellite installation, upgrade, and service
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
· Ability to think analytically, apply sound judgment, and solve problems
· Knowledge of basic supervisory and employee management principles
· Ability to lead, teach, train, and motivate staff
· Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets Company requirements
· Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 80 lbs.
· Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
· Ability to work in confined spaces
· Ability to climb and carry a 28-foot ladder and work at heights
· Ability to stand for long periods of time on varied surfaces
· Ability to work long and unpredictable hours
QualTek takes pride in providing a comprehensive employee benefits program that meets employee needs and ensures a level of security and protection. We also recognize the important role employee benefits play as a critical component of your overall compensation. We strive to maintain a benefits program that is competitive within our industry.
· Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
· Short- & Long-Term Disability Benefits
· Company Paid Basic Life Insurance (plus additional voluntary benefits)
· Voluntary Accident, Voluntary Critical Illness and Voluntary Hospital Indemnity
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· 401(K) with company match
· Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time, & Company Holidays
· Paid Parental Leave
· Employee Referral Program
· Company Discount Program
At QualTek, we take pride in the quality of our people and the services that we provide.
Apply today and become part of the QualTek family, work alongside our talented industry professionals and impact the future of technology! #QualtekServices #TelecomJobs #NowHiring #QualTekLife #QualTekConnects
Disclaimer: All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.