Swedesboro, New Jersey /
Urban Cable – Urban Cable /
At QualTek, growth and evolution have been at the forefront of our culture since the Company’s inception in 2012. Our work environment reflects this, as our team has a fast-paced, “get stuff done” mindset, that is balanced by our collaborative and casual atmosphere. If you are seeking a new opportunity, with a clear career path, come join a team that is committed to, “Quality first, people and safety always”.
This position is responsible for the daily oversight of the assigned market, including but not limited to; operations, safety, staffing, customer satisfaction, achievement of business objectives, and profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Report on status of construction projects and serve as primary point of contact for customers, vendors, project personnel, local and state government agencies and utility companies
· Reconcile subcontractor invoices and maintain correct coding in customer system
· Provide leadership to project completion, ensuring that quality standards, budget, and timelines are adhered to, and that each project is prepared for invoicing
· Execute operational goals and drive performance to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
· Resolve escalated customer inquiries and/or concerns
· Ensure compliance with customer contracts
· Promote a safety-first culture and ensure a safe work environment is maintained by adhering to and enforcing all Company safety practices and procedures
· Ensure the maintenance of the facility, warehouse, fleet, vehicles, equipment, and tools
· Ensure the regular completion of job safety observations (JSO) and vehicle inspections
· Ensure the timely reporting of on-the-job accidents, injuries, and damage claims
· Ensure the crews have the required safety gear, proper tools, and associated training
· Liaise with Shared Services to resolve concerns or issues within the operations
· Review daily work sheets from the field and subcontractors and update trackers
· Prepare and submit required monthly reports
· Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Job Duties: Carries out supervisory duties in accordance with the Company’s objectives, policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to; planning, assigning, and directing work, interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing employee concerns, and partnering with local management and Human Resources to resolve escalated employee matters.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a four-year college or university
· Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
· One to two years of wireline telecommunications and cable experience, including underground utilities, placement and routing of utilities/fiber optic, CATV pathways, aerial, and multi dwelling units (MDU)
· One year of supervisory experience
· Experience coordinating work schedules in a dynamic environment
· Knowledge of the use and operating characteristics of a variety of light and heavy equipment used in construction and maintenance
· Knowledge of the hazards incidental to maintenance and construction and of the proper safety measures to be observed
· Knowledge of highway traffic control standards
· Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency
· Ability to use various customer systems
· Knowledge of utility depths and placement
· Ability to read and interpret design prints
· Ability to understand and audit network drawings, route maps, and scopes of work interpreting fiber test results
· Highly organized and detail orientated
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
· Ability to think analytically, apply sound judgment, and solve problems
· Ability to lead, teach, train, and motivate staff
· Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets Company requirements
· Sitting at a desk for 6-8 hours a day
· Working on a computer for 6-8 hours a day
· May be required to work long and unpredictable hours
· Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including short notice travel.
QualTek takes pride in providing a comprehensive employee benefits program that meets employee needs and ensures a level of security and protection. We also recognize the important role employee benefits play as a critical component of your overall compensation. We strive to maintain a benefits program that is competitive within our industry.
· Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
· Short- & Long-Term Disability Benefits
· Company Paid Basic Life Insurance (plus additional voluntary benefits)
· Voluntary Accident, Voluntary Critical Illness and Voluntary Hospital Indemnity
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· 401(K) with company match
· Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time, & Company Holidays
· Paid Parental Leave
· Employee Referral Program
· Company Discount Program
At QualTek, we take pride in the quality of our people and the services that we provide.
Apply today and become part of the QualTek family, work alongside our talented industry professionals and impact the future of technology! #QualtekServices #TelecomJobs #NowHiring #QualTekLife #QualTekConnects
Disclaimer: All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.