Cable Installer Technician
Toledo, Ohio /
QualTek Fulfillment – QualTek Fulfillment /
At QualTek, growth and evolution have been at the forefront of our culture since the Company’s inception in 2012. Our work environment reflects this, as our team has a fast-paced, “get stuff done” mindset, that is balanced by our collaborative and casual atmosphere. If you are seeking a new opportunity, with a clear career path, come join a team that is committed to, “Quality first, people and safety always”.
This position is responsible for the installation or replacement of cable TV, and digital video/TV, internet, voice, and security products and services for residential and/or commercial subscribers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Install, maintain, and repair cable TV, voice, and internet systems; including internal and external wiring
· Test newly installed or relocated cables according to Company and customer specifications
· Troubleshoot issues with the network communication
· Repair related cable poles and towers
· Install cable support structures, including but not limited to cable racks, j-hooks, and innerduct
· Collaborate with internal customer service to ensure work orders are handled correctly and timely
· Promote a positive relationship between the Company and customer subscribers; escalate matters of concern to local management
· Provide education to subscribers on the use of equipment and services
· Close out work orders accurately and timely with the proper task and/or billing codes
· Safely operate and maintain Company and customer issued tools, equipment, and vehicles
· Perform regular vehicle and tool inspections
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Education: High school diploma, general education degree (G.E.D.), or related trade school education
· One-year professional cable technician experience
· One-year customer service experience Technical Skills:
· Ability to install complex television and internet equipment
· Ability to utilize mobile test equipment
· Knowledge of CATV installation quality standards and requirements
· Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve customer-initiated service and installation issues
· Ability to utilize small hand tools and various power tools
· Ability to read, comprehend, and carry out instructions
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Superior customer service focus
· Strong time management skills
· Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets Company requirements
· Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat, and lift 80 lbs.
· Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
· Ability to work in confined spaces
· Ability to climb and carry a 28-foot ladder and work at heights
· Ability to stand for long periods of time on varied surfaces
· Ability to work long and unpredictable hours
Starting Pay: $15
QualTek takes pride in providing a comprehensive employee benefits program that meets employee needs and ensures a level of security and protection. We also recognize the important role employee benefits play as a critical component of your overall compensation. We strive to maintain a benefits program that is competitive within our industry.
· Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
· Short- & Long-Term Disability Benefits
· Company Paid Basic Life Insurance (plus additional voluntary benefits)
· Voluntary Accident, Voluntary Critical Illness and Voluntary Hospital Indemnity
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· 401(K) with company match
· Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time, & Company Holidays
· Paid Parental Leave
· Employee Referral Program
· Company Discount Program
At QualTek, we take pride in the quality of our people and the services that we provide.
Apply today and become part of the QualTek family, work alongside our talented industry professionals and impact the future of technology! #QualtekServices #TelecomJobs #NowHiring #QualTekLife #QualTekConnects
Disclaimer: All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.