Director of Operations
West Chester, Pennsylvania /
Urban Cable – Urban Cable /
At QualTek, growth and evolution have been at the forefront of our culture since the Company’s inception in 2012. Our work environment reflects this, as our team has a fast-paced, “get stuff done” mindset, that is balanced by our collaborative and casual atmosphere. If you are seeking a new opportunity, with a clear career path, come join a team that is committed to, “Quality first, people and safety always”.
This position is responsible for the oversight of all facets of the assigned market, including, daily operations, safety, staffing, customer satisfaction, and profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Direct the work within the assigned market to meet or exceed customer expectations, quality standards, and expected margins
· Review financial and operational performance data to monitor and measure productivity and goal progress
· Establish, manage, and maintain customer and subcontractor working relationships
· Promote a safety-first culture and ensure a safe work environment is maintained by adhering to and enforcing all Company safety practices and procedures
· Resolve escalated customer inquiries and/or concerns
· Direct project and vendor management including selection, contract, and negotiation processes, production tracking and reporting, project closeout, and retainage release
· Determine ongoing staffing requirements, monitor staff, and ensure training needs are addressed
· Oversee the maintenance of the facility, warehouse, fleet, vehicles, equipment, and tools
· Plan and implement procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiency and develop strategies to improve operational inefficiencies
· Develop and execute market growth strategies in conjunction with senior management
· Liaise with the Shared Services group to resolve concerns or issues within the operations
· Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Job Duties: Carries out supervisory duties in accordance with the Company’s objectives, policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, planning, assigning, and directing work, interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing employee concerns, and partnering with Human Resources to resolve escalated employee matters.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a four-year college or university
· Ten years’ experience in satellite installation, CATV, telecommunications, or related field
· Five to seven years of management experience
· Experience managing multi-site operations
· Experience forecasting and budgeting
· Knowledge of industry safety standards and regulations
· Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency
· Ability to use various customer systems
· Superior business and financial acumen
· Strong customer orientation
· Highly organized and detail oriented
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
· Superior negotiation and conflict management skills
· Knowledge of employee management principles
· Ability to lead, train, teach, and motivate staff
· Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a drive record that meets Company requirements
· Sitting at a desk for 6-8 hours a day
· Working on a computer for 6-8 hours a day
· May be required to work long and unpredictable hours
· Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including short notice travel. Travel includes local site travel or national travel depending on business needs.
QualTek takes pride in providing a comprehensive employee benefits program that meets employee needs and ensures a level of security and protection. We also recognize the important role employee benefits play as a critical component of your overall compensation. We strive to maintain a benefits program that is competitive within our industry.
· Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
· Short- & Long-Term Disability Benefits
· Company Paid Basic Life Insurance (plus additional voluntary benefits)
· Voluntary Accident, Voluntary Critical Illness and Voluntary Hospital Indemnity
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· 401(K) with company match
· Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time, & Company Holidays
· Paid Parental Leave
· Employee Referral Program
· Company Discount Program
At QualTek, we take pride in the quality of our people and the services that we provide.
Apply today and become part of the QualTek family, work alongside our talented industry professionals and impact the future of technology! #QualtekServices #TelecomJobs #NowHiring #QualTekLife #QualTekConnects
Disclaimer: All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.