Miami, Florida /
Concurrent Power – Concurrent Power /
At QualTek, growth and evolution have been at the forefront of our culture since the Company’s inception in 2012. Our work environment reflects this, as our team has a fast-paced, “get stuff done” mindset, that is balanced by our collaborative and casual atmosphere. If you are seeking a new opportunity, with a clear career path, come join a team that is committed to, “Quality first, people and safety always”.
This position is responsible for performing and maintaining construction poles, power lines, auxiliary facilities, and equipment for the transmission and distribution of electricity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Construct, maintain, and inspect transmission and distribution of electrical or power lines
· Connect, disconnect, install, remove, and transfer various electrical devices on customer facilities
· Route or reroute power lines over, under, or around existing lines and structures
· Inspect and/or remove power lines that are damaged
· Assist with carrying poles, digging holes, and other operations involved in setting or replacing poles
· Perform line switching or sectionalizing
· Troubleshoot electrical problems on customer equipment
· Collect, review, and submit required job site documentation
· Investigate consumer complaints and make repairs to energized electrical distribution lines
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Education: High school diploma, general education degree (G.E.D.), or related trade school education
· Four years industry experience
· Must have or obtain and maintain a valid CDL Class A Driver’s License
· Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency
· Understanding of basic and/or advanced electrical principles, including knowledge of electricity and how to safely work around it
· Ability to operate bucket trucks, digger trucks, wire pullers, backyard machine, air compressor, and other necessary tools to build and maintain power lines
· Ability to operate power tools and hand tools
· Ability to work directly with customers and build bill of materials (BOM) based on job needs per plans
· Strong verbal communication skills
· Ability to meet strict deadlines
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Highly organized and detail oriented
· Ability to think analytically, apply sound judgement, and solve problems
· Ability to motivate, lead, teach, and train on proper work and safety procedures
· Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets Company requirements
· Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 75 lbs.
· Ability to climb poles and work at heights up to and exceeding 30 feet
· Ability to reach, climb, and/or grasp ladders or other tall structures
· Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
· Ability to work long and unpredictable hours
· Ability to travel up to 75% of the time, including weekends and extended travel. Travel includes local site travel or national travel depending on business needs.
Disclaimer: All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations
Starting Pay: $50
QualTek takes pride in providing a comprehensive employee benefits program that meets employee needs and ensures a level of security and protection. We also recognize the important role employee benefits play as a critical component of your overall compensation. We strive to maintain a benefits program that is competitive within our industry.
· Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
· Short- & Long-Term Disability Benefits
· Company Paid Basic Life Insurance (plus additional voluntary benefits)
· Voluntary Accident, Voluntary Critical Illness and Voluntary Hospital Indemnity
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· 401(K) with company match
· Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time, & Company Holidays
· Paid Parental Leave
· Employee Referral Program
· Company Discount Program
At QualTek, we take pride in the quality of our people and the services that we provide.
Apply today and become part of the QualTek family, work alongside our talented industry professionals and impact the future of technology! #QualtekServices #TelecomJobs #NowHiring #QualTekLife #QualTekConnects
Disclaimer: All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.