Santa Ana, California /
QualTek Services – Wireline /
QualTek creates and maintains the infrastructure to support the future of communications. From Wireless and Wireline to Fulfillment and Recovery Logistics services, QualTek provides the resources needed to expand next-generation carrier services across the US and Canada. We're always looking for top talent to join our growing team and help us build the essential communication systems we all rely on.
Job Summary: This position supports GIS related activities via the 3-GIS fiber design tool.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collect, develop, and maintain data from various sources and input into the GIS database
· Performs GIS analysis, queries, searches, and data manipulation
· Perform location changes and route designs in GIS database
· Utilize field survey items to resolve conflicting information and ensure the accuracy of data
· Incorporate maps, charts, data files, spreadsheet data, and text into appropriate reports
· Prepare and present critical GIS updates and reports to management
· Maintain quality standards per customer specifications and Company expectations
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Education: Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
· Two or more years telecommunication industry experience
· Two or more years GIS, drafting, or design experience
· Basic knowledge of construction drawings and documents
· Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency
· GIS system proficiency (i.e. GIS Web, 3-GIS Mobile, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Desktop)
· Basic knowledge of CAD and Spatial applications such as AutoCAD and Google Earth
· Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
· Ability to detect errors, determine causes, and make corrections as appropriate
· Strong time management skills
· Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets Company requirements
· Ability to sit at a desk for 6-8 hours per day
· Ability to work on a computer for 6-8 hours per day
· Ability to work long and unpredictable hours
This is an excellent opportunity to start your career with one of the fastest growing telecommunications companies in the country. Our people are our greatest asset.