ISP Technician I
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania /
QualTek Wireline – QualTek Wireline /
At QualTek, growth and evolution have been at the forefront of our culture since the Company’s inception in 2012. Our work environment reflects this, as our team has a fast-paced, “get stuff done” mindset, that is balanced by our collaborative and casual atmosphere. If you are seeking a new opportunity, with a clear career path, come join a team that is committed to, “Quality first, people and safety always”.
This position is responsible for the maintenance and installation of new and existing cables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist with the installation and repair of fiber optic cable
· Assist with the installation of connectors and attachments as needed to NEC and local building codes
· Assist with the installation of EMT and PVC boxes and terminals
· Monitor and update work orders
· Load, transport, and unload tools, materials, and equipment in a safe manner
· Complete all required Company documentation
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Education: High school diploma, general education degree (G.E.D.), or related trade school education
· Up to six months wireline construction experience
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints and building plans
· Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency
· Ability to operate hand and power tools
· Ability to read, comprehend, and carry out instructions
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
· Ability to detect errors, determine causes, and make corrections as appropriate
· Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets Company requirements
· Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 80 lbs.; includes body weight, equipment, tools and boxes
· Ability to stand for long periods of time on varied surfaces
· Ability to climb and work at elevations up to 40 feet
· Ability to work in confined spaces
· May be required to work long and unpredictable hours
Starting Pay: $16
QualTek takes pride in providing a comprehensive employee benefits program that meets employee needs and ensures a level of security and protection. We also recognize the important role employee benefits play as a critical component of your overall compensation. We strive to maintain a benefits program that is competitive within our industry.
· Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
· Short- & Long-Term Disability Benefits
· Company Paid Basic Life Insurance (plus additional voluntary benefits)
· Voluntary Accident, Voluntary Critical Illness and Voluntary Hospital Indemnity
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· 401(K) with company match
· Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time, & Company Holidays
· Paid Parental Leave
· Employee Referral Program
· Company Discount Program
At QualTek, we take pride in the quality of our people and the services that we provide.
Apply today and become part of the QualTek family, work alongside our talented industry professionals and impact the future of technology! #QualtekServices #TelecomJobs #NowHiring #QualTekLife #QualTekConnects
Disclaimer: All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.