Lead UX Researcher
San Francisco, CA /
Product & Design – Product Design /
The growing and impactful Product Design team at Quantcast is looking for a lead user experience researcher to help product owners and the organization focus on our customers. In this role, you will develop understanding and empathy around user needs for your entire product team including designers, product managers, and engineers. You will conduct primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like field visits, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and logs/session analysis. And you'll have fun doing it with this very cool product and team! We love personality and enthusiasm!
Your research will help us build useful, usable, and impactful new products and features for people as well as continually innovate on our existing products. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings. The research team will grow, and you will also be hiring and developing this arm of Product Design. We are pre-IPO and cash-flow positive and offer a full slate of cool benefits including Headspace and happy hours on our brand-new roof deck in SF!
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of our products and experiences
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, benchmark studies, session analysis, and online experiments (A/B testing and/or Prototyping)
- Help drive and prioritize research tasks
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields real-world experience
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- 4-6 years of work experience with experience and/or interest in management
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
Quantcast is an advertising technology company and the creator of an innovative intelligent audience platform that empowers brands, agencies and publishers to know and grow their audiences online. Our solutions are leveling the playing field for our customers when it comes to effectively reaching audiences online and helping them power a thriving free and open internet for everyone. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recognizing the importance of flexible work environments, Quantcast has adopted a hybrid work model. The model gives employees the opportunity to work from home two days a week and work in the office for team collaboration for the remainder of the time. The effectiveness of the implementation may differ based on location or team, so please consult with your manager for further information. Through at least the end of 2021, we are providing additional flexibility, including relaxing the in-office schedule and offering flexibility around the number of days and which day one is required to be in the office. Hybrid employees can also work remotely for two weeks each year or apply for our fully-remote work program. To ensure the safety of everyone, all U.S. employees working from a Quantcast office or who meet clients are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Outside of the U.S., we encourage all employees to get vaccinated.