Senior Data Analyst, Sales Operations
New York, NY /
Finance & Accounting – Sales Operations /
Quantcast is hiring a Senior Data Analyst for our San Francisco office!
We have created one of the world's largest, living data-sets and we use it to bring unparalleled relevance to online advertising. By utilizing technology and big data to understand digital audiences, Quantcast solves the biggest challenges in marketing.
This role is the ideal opportunity for anyone who wants to bring their SQL, Tableau and Python skills to the next level while exercising their commercial acumen for our global operations. You will get to work with one of the most interesting datasets in the advertising industry and have the opportunity to contribute to different work areas of the team while collectively owning those work areas as a global team.
- You will be part of Quantcast’s Sales Operations team, which is a truly global team that covers the regions of North America, EMEA and APAC.
- We are responsible for creating and executing Quantcast’s commercial sales go-to-market strategy. In support of this, we provide business insights for the sales teams and support the operational and data infrastructure to help drive revenue.
- The Data Analytics team also owns and develops Python-based advertising campaign reports, which help our account managers to have more meaningful conversations with our advertiser clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
- 60% of your time is spent on analytics for the commercial sales organization. This involves crafting complex and advanced SQL queries against our Snowflake database to help our sales leaders better understand the health of the business, provide a 360-view of our clients, and provide deep analysis of our performance. Also, this includes building self-serve reports based on Python and SQL.
- 25% on developing and maintaining Tableau dashboards. This involves understanding our Sales Ops metrics & data tables and making dashboards more useful, either by request or out of our team’s initiative.
- 15% on managing the communication and relationships within our team as well as our team’s sales partners.
Experience and Skills (required)
- 5+ years of experience of extensively using SQL in other projects and writing intermediate to advanced SQL syntax that efficiently retrieves data from several data tables.
- 2+ years of working with Tableau or similar data visualisation tools and have developed a solid sense for good data visualisation practices.
- 2+ years of programming experience in Python and can translate an idea into code comfortably while following high coding standards.
- Ability to prioritize your work well and be productive within a fast-paced environment and deliver results for our team’s partners.
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate roadblocks, diagnose problems and generate effective solutions on your own.
- Genuine interest in learning more about digital advertising and different ways of evaluating performance, delivery and audience of advertising campaigns.
Experience and skills (preferred)
- You have worked with the Snowflake data warehouse before.
- You have had exposure to digital marketing before and have initial knowledge about digital advertising.
- You have worked with JIRA before (issue tracking software).
Quantcast is an advertising technology company and the creator of an innovative intelligent audience platform that empowers brands, agencies and publishers to know and grow their audiences online. Our solutions are leveling the playing field for our customers when it comes to effectively reaching audiences online and helping them power a thriving free and open internet for everyone. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recognizing the importance of flexible work environments, Quantcast has adopted a hybrid work model. The model gives employees the opportunity to work from home two days a week and work in the office for team collaboration for the remainder of the time. The effectiveness of the implementation may differ based on location or team, so please consult with your manager for further information. Through at least the end of 2021, we are providing additional flexibility, including relaxing the in-office schedule and offering flexibility around the number of days and which day one is required to be in the office. Hybrid employees can also work remotely for two weeks each year or apply for our fully-remote work program. To ensure the safety of everyone, all U.S. employees working from a Quantcast office or who meet clients are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Outside of the U.S., we encourage all employees to get vaccinated.