Senior Data Engineer, Data Warehouse
Engineering & Modeling – Platform Engineering
Do you have a passion for cutting-edge technology? Do you thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments? Do you love using your technical prowess to tackle industry-impacting challenges?
Quantcast is hiring a Senior Data Engineer to work on our Data Warehouse team in our San Francisco headquarters.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast runs the world’s largest AI-driven insights and measurement platform directly quantifying over 100 million web destinations. Using machine learning to drive human learning, Quantcast provides brand marketers and publishers with meaningful audience insights, predictive targeting and measurement solutions across the customer journey.
We are looking for a seasoned data engineer to build and grow large-scale analytical data platforms from the ground up. You will have opportunities to work end to end from collaborating with the business to designing and developing data pipelines to data modeling, all in the cloud.
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines (ETL/ELT) and database schemas/objects
- Work with analysts to understand business needs and drive the project on its own and mentor the team
- Collaborate on code reviews, internal processes, and software enhancements, and understanding of ETL/ELT/SQL/Python coding standards
- Responsible for maintaining technical documentation to support new and existing solutions
- 4+ years in the industry as a data engineer or backend engineer
- You will understand data warehousing concepts (modeling, tuning, maintenance)
- You are highly proficient with SQL, and have the desire to mentor and teach others SQL
- You are proficient in Python or any other scripting languages and software development
- You have a strong understating/experience in distributed data processing/Traditional RDBMS/MPP/NoSQL systems, and data modeling
- You are driven by a curiosity and motivation to explore data
- You have experience dealing with DevOps concerns for data pipelines
- You have excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Experience with AWS Cloud ecosystem
- Experience with Spark/Kafka/Kinesis
- Experience with Pentaho, PostgreSQL, Salesforce, Redshift, Big Data systems
- Reporting tool experience: Tableau and/or Looker or superset
- Git, Docker, Jenkins, Jira experience
- Knowledge of Adtech industry
Quantcast owns and operates the world’s largest audience insights and measurement platform on the open internet. Fueled by live data drawn from more than 100 million web and mobile destinations, Quantcast applies machine learning technology to help marketers, publishers, and agencies grow their brands by better understanding and predicting consumer interactions in real-time.
Founded in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and has employees in over 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self.