Senior Software Engineers (Full Stack), Product Engineering - Planning
Engineering & Modeling – Product Engineering
Quantcast is hiring Full Stack Senior Software Engineers to join the Product Engineering team in our San Francisco office.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast uses machine learning to drive human learning. We’ve built one of the largest computing infrastructures on the planet, collecting a constant stream of data from over 100 billion events a day, across 100+ million directly-measured destinations. In addition to this global network, Quantcast has engineered premier map-reduce and real-time processing clusters at a massive scale, processing an average of 30+ PB of data every single day for various machine learning and data mining applications.
The Product Engineering team is responsible for developing products to deliver valuable audience insights to publishers and marketers alike. We've built the successful Measure Audience Planner application, targeted towards Publishers. We now want to expand that success to Agencies and Marketers. We therefore expand the team to tackle this challenge.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will help build and improve the applications and distributed systems that generate highly valuable insights and forecasting to Publishers and Marketers. You will thrive in an environment where independent decision-making is the norm. Individuals in this role will be excited to keep up with the fast evolving open source based big data technologies and applying it to our stack when applicable. You should be comfortable implementing APIs that expose the underlying data for consumption by UI and/or clients. Individuals in this role will want to work on our many open-ended problems and will have an opinion when it comes to selecting the right tool/technology for the job (and the ability to explain why!)
- You will work with your team to figure out product direction and customer needs.
- You will develop and improve big data systems that drive our Audience Insights.
- You will share knowledge and standard methodologies amongst the product engineering team and the wider engineering organization.
- You will work with data modeling scientists to use and apply their models.
- You will participate in a team-wide on-call rotation to keep the systems ticking along.
- You will create our customer facing UI/UX to provide tools to help with campaign planning and advanced analytics to internal and external clients
- You will develop tool sets that support a number of core business operations at Quantcast
- You will build data pipeline and server infrastructure to drive Quantcast targeting products for publishers
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field and 5+ years of software development experience.
- Expertise in programming with Java.
- Proficiency in another language like Python, Scala, Go etc.
- Experience with developing consumer facing web applications using ReactJS/Angular
- Strong understanding of various web technologies and frameworks
- Have a proven foundation of data structures and algorithms and ability to apply them to real-world problems.
- Working knowledge of databases like Postgresql, Mysql, ElasticSearch etc and passion for new technologies and driven to build the best products.
- Object-oriented application development experience
- Passion for new technologies and driven to build the best products
- Working with distributed big data systems using Hadoop MapReduce
- Exposure to AWS technologies
- Experience in creating REST API systems
Quantcast owns and operates the world’s largest audience insights and measurement platform on the open internet. Fueled by live data drawn from more than 100 million web and mobile destinations, Quantcast applies machine learning technology to help marketers, publishers, and agencies grow their brands by better understanding and predicting consumer interactions in real-time.
Founded in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and employs more than 700 employees in over 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self.