Cloud Site Reliability Engineer
About the Team
The Cloud SRE team seeks motivated and experienced engineers to build and launch our first generation of Cloud-based service offerings. As an SRE, you would play an important role to shape our capabilities to deliver high-availability services and build a fortress of data security.
Candidates should possess strong software engineering skills. We believe that driving automation with software is the superpower of a great SRE team. In addition, candidates should expect to join our SRE on-call rotation as early as 2024.
Candidates should possess at least one of the following backgrounds:
- Security, especially in cloud security
- Scaling infrastructure services to satisfy service-level requirements
- Driving horizontal projects across multiple teams, or an organization
Responsibilities will include:
- Engage with product and development groups to build and understand their service needs; propose and drive infrastructure projects, potentially horizontal efforts, to meet those needs in a way that is secure and operationally sustainable.
- Work with product or engineers to review their services, define their service level objectives, and consult in the productization process.
- Define common solutions and automation that shape how engineers use Cloud infrastructure, in a way that ensures security and reliability while balancing development velocity.
- Develop or deploy tooling that monitors infrastructure for vulnerabilities.
- Develop, enforce and educate on frameworks, automation, and best practices to ensure security across all areas of the software development lifecycle
At QuantCo, we leverage expertise in data science, engineering, and economics to help organizations turn data into decisions. Started by 4 PhDs from Harvard and Stanford, we are now more than 160 professionals with extensive quantitative, engineering, and business experience. We are globally distributed with offices in Berlin, Boston, Cologne, Karlsruhe, London, Munich, San Francisco, and Zurich.
Our solutions include algorithmic pricing, data-driven claims management, and high-dimensional forecasting systems. Our customers include some of the largest financial, retail, and healthcare organizations in the US and Europe. We impact core business processes and decisions by combining advanced data-driven insights with scalable engineering solutions.
We are excited about writing mission-critical code that affects millions of people and impacts billions of dollars. If you feel the same way, we look forward to hearing from you.
QuantCo does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.