Data Science /
As a Quantitative Researcher at QuantCo, you will contribute to our core services and products, applying economic and statistical models to large-scale data to derive insights and actionable recommendations across a wide range of applications in fields such as insurance, healthcare, and e-commerce. You will work alongside our data scientists, other economists, and software engineers to solve technical and quantitative challenges ensuring that our solutions produce value for our clients. The Quantitative Researcher position applies both qualitative and quantitative economic analysis to the historical and proposed business decisions of our clients across a wide range of industries.
We are looking for team players who have excellent quantitative abilities and:
- A degree in economics, statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, physics, or similar fields from a leading university
- In-depth understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts behind most common machine learning techniques and a proven interest in causal inference questions, e.g., A/B tests
- Experience in coding and working with data using a wide range of tools and languages: Python (Pandas, XGBoost/LightGBM), R (dplyr, ggplot2), and git
- Ability to see solutions and opportunities that others do not see
- High level of commitment and reliability, good balance of pragmatism and perfectionism
- Business proficiency in English and conversational proficiency in German for our German and Swiss offices
Bonus if skilled in any of the following tools and/or languages:
- Cloud infrastructure; and
What we offer
You will be part of a smart, motivated, and driven team that revels in working on challenging problems and finding novel solutions; values our customers and users; and strives to deliver thoughtful and impactful products. You will be surrounded by people that respect each other and the contributions each of us brings. We offer a generous compensation package that includes a base salary, bonus, stock options, and relocation support along with additional location-based benefits.
We leverage expertise in data science, engineering, and economics to help organizations turn data into decisions. As a bootstrapped profitable startup, QuantCo continues to grow despite the changing economic environment. Started in 2016 by four PhDs from Harvard and Stanford, we are now over 120 professionals with extensive quantitative, engineering, and business experience. We are globally distributed with offices in Berlin, Boston, Cologne, Karlsruhe, London, Munich, San Francisco, and Zurich.
QuantCo’s product line includes algorithmic pricing, data-driven claims management, and high-dimensional forecasting solutions. Our clients include some of the largest financial, healthcare, automotive, retail and e-commerce companies in Europe and the US.
We are excited about writing mission-critical code that affects millions of people and impacts billions of dollars. If you feel the same way, we look forward to hearing from you.
QuantCo does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.