Data Science Intern (Causal Inference/Machine Learning)
Data Science /
Data Science Interns at QuantCo will learn what it takes to create impact from data: identifying the right framework and questions to translate a business challenge into a statistical problem; locating and combining data sources as well as transforming large datasets; running in-depth analyses; building machine learning models that automate large-scale decisions and integrating them into live business processes; and interpreting, visualizing, and communicating results to internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for team players who have excellent quantitative abilities and:
- A major, minor, or research focus in economics, statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, physics, or similar fields at a leading university (B.Sc., M.Sc., or PhD)
- In-depth understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts behind most common machine learning techniques and a proven interest in causal inference questions, e.g., A/B tests
- Experience in coding and working with data (from a previous research or industry internship or extensive course projects) using a wide range of tools and languages: Python (Pandas, XGBoost/LightGBM), R (dplyr, ggplot2), and git
- Ability to see solutions and opportunities that others do not see
- High level of commitment and reliability, good balance of pragmatism and perfectionism
- Business proficiency in English and conversational proficiency in German for our German and Swiss offices
Bonus if skilled in any of the following tools and/or languages:
- Cloud infrastructure
- Lower-level languages like C#/C++/C
What we offer
You will be part of a smart, motivated, and driven team that revels in working on challenging problems and finding novel solutions; values our customers and users; and strives to deliver thoughtful and impactful products. You will be surrounded by people that respect each other and the contributions each of us brings. We offer a generous compensation package that includes a base salary, bonus, relocation and housing support along with additional location-based benefits. We accept internship applications year-round for summer and off-cycle periods.
At QuantCo, we leverage expertise in data science, engineering, and economics to help organizations turn data into decisions. Started by 4 PhDs from Harvard and Stanford, we are now more than 160 professionals with extensive quantitative, engineering, and business experience. We are globally distributed with offices in Berlin, Boston, Cologne, Karlsruhe, London, Munich, San Francisco, and Zurich.
Our solutions include algorithmic pricing, data-driven claims management, and high-dimensional forecasting systems. Our customers include some of the largest financial, retail, and healthcare organizations in the US and Europe. We impact core business processes and decisions by combining advanced data-driven insights with scalable engineering solutions.
We are excited about writing mission-critical code that affects millions of people and impacts billions of dollars. If you feel the same way, we look forward to hearing from you.
QuantCo does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.