Development Team /
What will you do?
We are a technology startup trading on several European exchanges. This is possible thanks to our unique platform that allows us to access stock market data and trade either manually or automatically using our own algorithmic strategies. If you enjoy working with real-time data, tuning performance and solving every millisecond delay along the way, you will enjoy working here. We'll be happy to prove to you that the rumors about Python's slowness are just superstitions. :)
- Python 3.8 (asyncio)
- Docker, Kubernetes
- RabbitMQ, TimescaleDB
What we offer
- Startup culture but with confidence, backed by Wood & Co., which is the largest investment group in the CEE region.
- Work with the latest technologies such as Python 3.8, TimescaleDB, Docker, Kubernetes. All not for a blog or bragging at conferences but in production.
- Attendance at conferences. We regularly speak at Python events.
- We are agile and deploy to production every day. You will see the results of your work immediately.
- Beautiful offices on the roof of Palladium with a terrace and relaxation rooms.
- Weekly lightning talks about everything we enjoy, company events and team-building activities.
- Yoga lessons in the offices, multisport card, showers and changing rooms, parking space for bicycles and sports partners.
- Fully stocked kitchen.
- English lessons at work.
- 5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days, pension allowance.
What should you know?
- Advanced knowledge of Python 3.
- Experience with the development of complex backends, distributed systems and service-oriented architecture.
- Experience or interest in functional programming
- Interest in mathematics
- Experience with asyncio
- Network programming
Our conference talks
- Algorithmic trading with asyncio - https://youtu.be/9qt0SSGOqzU
- Feeding a real-time user interface - https://youtu.be/F62gvPaKr2U
- Bringing C performance to Python - https://youtu.be/G2yY3unaF0I
- Building an Algorithmic Trading Platform - https://youtu.be/tGdj0DJyCsk
- Python, Docker, Kubernetes and beyond? - https://youtu.be/KF6lU_fm_Bg
- Static typing: beyond the basics of def foo(x:int) -> str: - https://youtu.be/Dz89wIwX_EE?t=22223
We are an ambitious team of traders, analysts and developers who design and run our own software for trading in financial markets. We started in 2013 as a bunch of poker professionals who took on an analysis of trading in the financial markets at Wood & Co. We quickly realized that these markets have great potential, and decided to explore new opportunities with Wood’s support.
There are 30 of us today. We have a beautiful space on the roof of the Palladium offices within sight of the Prague Stock Exchange. We have grown a bit but the desire for continuous improvement is still written in our DNA; it is a necessity in this rapidly-developing market environment. We are an agile startup, which builds on open-source and has a minimum of bureaucracy. We believe that the full potential of an individual can’t be unleashed by micromanagement, but only by high responsibility and freedom given to everyone from day one.