Quantum Applications Engineer
New Haven, CT /
Software Engineering /
Quantum Circuits, Inc. (QCI) is developing a full-stack quantum computing platform using superconducting devices and a modular, robust, and scalable architecture. QCI's mission is to build the first truly useful quantum computers.
Our novel approach to building a quantum computer is based on technology developed over a decade of research at Yale University's world-class quantum labs. Our machines have built-in error correction, unique software features that enable lightning-fast algorithm execution, and multiple modes of operation to solve more algorithms than ever, all in one quantum computer.
As a Quantum Applications Engineer, your work will center on quantum applications that will take full advantage of the unique quantum computing capabilities provided by QCI. Articulating the power and features of our hardware with concrete applications will be one of your top priorities. In this position, you’ll be engaged in many diverse projects. We will look to your strong technical background to work with our software and hardware developers on creating user-facing application examples, expect you to be plugged into the latest developments in the quantum industry, and additionally interface with QCI’s customers.
We're looking for someone who has a strong desire to work with smaller, focused teams, collaborating directly with software engineers. You should also be excited about working at a company where testing software on actual hardware will be one of your highest priorities. At the end of the day, we're building both software and hardware, so the two have to mesh.
So, why join QCI? You’ll be building software for something that’s totally new, an entirely different way of computing, at a place where your curiosity, ingenuity, and initiative will thrive - you'll learn a ton by working with us and have a lot of fun doing it. We have a deep, fast-paced team that's passionate about building the best quantum computers in the world. Join us if you want to be at the forefront of the quantum revolution.
As a QCI Quantum Applications Engineer, here's what you’d be working on:
- Highlighting through demonstrations and new applications the unique and differentiating aspects of our quantum hardware and software and how they can be applied to solving problems in powerful ways
- Staying abreast of the latest algorithm and application advances in the quantum computing industry, understanding how they may apply to our technology, and providing input on how to implement them in software and on hardware
- Leading interactions with existing and potential customers to guide them through how our applications and solutions could solve their problems
What we're looking for from you:
- Ph. D. in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related
- Familiarity with quantum computing, quantum applications, or related
- Fluency in Python required – a strong programming background in other languages, such as C/C++ preferred
- Desire to interact with customers, attend technical and business-level conferences, etc.
- A drive to learn and challenge oneself
- Excellent attention to detail, communication skills, and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team with professionals from other engineering disciplines
- On-site preferred
Quantum Circuits Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.