Control Systems Technician
New Haven, CT /
Hardware Engineering /
Quantum Circuits, Inc. (QCI) is developing a full-stack quantum computing platform using superconducting devices and a modular, robust, and scalable architecture. QCI's mission is to build the first truly useful quantum computers.
Our novel approach to building quantum computers is based on technology developed over a decade of research at Yale University's world-class quantum labs. Our machines have built-in error correction, unique software features that enable lightning-fast algorithm execution, and multiple modes of operation to solve more algorithms than ever, all in one quantum computer.
So, why join QCI? You’ll be working with the latest technology at our state-of-the-art facilities, where your curiosity, ingenuity, and initiative will thrive - you'll learn a ton by working with us and have a lot of fun doing it. We have a deep, fast-paced team that's passionate about building the best quantum computers in the world. Join us if you want to be at the forefront of the quantum revolution.
As a QCI Control Systems Technician, here's what you’d be working on:
- Assembly, validation, and deployment of RF-control systems for quantum computers
- Maintaining and troubleshooting deployed control systems
- Developing and testing new generation of control instruments and hardware to scale with the growing size and number of quantum systems
- Creating novel and robust tests and benchmarks to validate that control systems’ performance meet the rigorous specifications of high-performance quantum systems
- Procurement and inventory management for control systems components
What we're looking for from you:
- Extensive experience with digital and analog radio-frequency/microwave electronics especially with test and assembly
- Experience overseeing engineering products from conception and prototyping to deployment, through multiple iterations
- Experience in Python or other programming languages strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering, physics, applied physics, or similar
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills especially with working in interdisciplinary teams with professionals from other fields of physics and engineering
Quantum Circuits Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.