Software Documentation Engineer
New Haven, CT /
Software Engineering /
Quantum Circuits, Inc. (QCI) is developing a full-stack quantum computing platform using superconducting devices and a modular, robust, and scalable architecture. QCI's mission is to build the first truly useful quantum computers.
Our novel approach to building a quantum computer is based on technology developed over a decade of research at Yale University's world-class quantum labs. Our machines have built-in error correction, unique software features that enable lightning-fast algorithm execution, and multiple modes of operation to solve more algorithms than ever, all in one quantum computer.
As a Software Documentation Engineer, you will work closely with all members of our software group with the aim of generating clearly written documents that are easily understandable by the targeted audience. Your role will be multi-faceted. It will encompass both working on a technical level with our developers and also at higher levels, where you’ll be tasked with producing content to help new and existing users navigate their way through our software suite. Your curiosity, attention to detail, and desire to understand the feature under planning will be pivotal during each of our iterations to ensure continuity between development cycles. Likewise, you’ll be expected to have a keen awareness of what it’s like to be in a new user’s shoes when opening up a new software package and make their lives as simple and rewarding as possible when working with our products.
We're looking for someone who has a strong desire to work with smaller, focused teams, collaborating directly with software engineers and demonstrating leadership in initiating new projects in enhancing QCI's stack. You should also be excited about working at a company where writing documentation for software that runs on actual hardware will be one of your highest priorities. At the end of the day, we're building both software and hardware, so the two have to mesh, and you'll be playing a central role in making sure that's seamless.
So, why join QCI? You’ll be building software for something that’s totally new, an entirely different way of computing, at a place where your curiosity, ingenuity, and initiative will thrive - you'll learn a ton by working with us and have a lot of fun doing it. We have a deep, fast-paced team that's passionate about building the best quantum computers in the world. Join us if you want to be at the forefront of the quantum revolution.
As a QCI Software Documentation Engineer, here's what you’d be working on:
- Generating written documentation for new software features added each development cycle
- Crafting detailed guides and introductory materials for users to reference when using our software tools
- Leading the organization, review, and refinement of visual data and process flow diagrams
What we're looking for from you:
- Extensive experience writing technical software documentation
- Strong ability to read code (especially Python)
- Strong understanding of standard software concepts and architectures, such as SDKs, APIs, cloud services
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Experience generating and editing visual diagrams with software like Lucidchart or similar
- Excellent attention to detail, communication skills, and ability to capture challenging concepts and convey them simply and succinctly