New Haven, CT /
Software Engineering /
Quantum Circuits, Inc. (QCI) is developing a full-stack quantum computing platform based on superconducting devices and a modular, robust and scalable architecture. QCI was founded by three world-leading experts in quantum devices and information processing from the Department of Applied Physics at Yale University: Michel Devoret, Luigi Frunzio, and Robert Schoelkopf. Their group has produced many scientific firsts, including the development of a "quantum bus" for entangling qubits with wires and the first implementation of a quantum algorithms and error-correction with a solid-state device. QCI's mission is to build the first truly useful quantum computers, and usher in a new age of quantum information – be part of it.
As a QCI FPGA Lead, these are the kind of projects you’d be working on:
- Architect and implement the heart of a multi FPGA-based quantum computing control system
- Designing and implementing digital algorithms on FPGAs to generate RF microwave tones used to control qubits operations
- Integrate high real time constraint, demanding phase and amplitude monitoring, high bandwidth communication and synchronizations between boards.
- Designing firmware that scales to executing large quantum algorithms with low overhead
- Work with Quantum engineers to implement new Quantum operations, RF and Hardware team to integrate in the control rack and Software/compiler team to integrate in the SW stack
- Monitor and improve Quantum computing performances
What we're looking for from you:
- Fluency in VHDL and the Xilinx Vivado Design Suite
- Extensive experience with Digital Signal Processing at RF frequencies
- Extensive experience interfacing with analog components, such as DACs, ADCs, etc.
- Track-record of successfully leading projects to completion
- Backgrounds in computer science, electrical engineering, telecommunications, radar, and or related disciplines a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, communication skills, and ability to work closely on an integrated and collaborative software effort
- Remote work is available for this role with moderate travel requirements during definitions or integrations phases