Quantum Software Engineer
New Haven, CT /
Software Engineering /
Quantum Circuits, Inc. (QCI) is developing a full-stack quantum computing platform using superconducting devices and a modular, robust, and scalable architecture. QCI's mission is to build the first truly useful quantum computers.
Our novel approach to building a quantum computer is based on technology developed over a decade of research at Yale University's world-class quantum labs. Our machines have built-in error correction, unique software features that enable lightning-fast algorithm execution, and multiple modes of operation to solve more algorithms than ever, all in one quantum computer.
As a Quantum Software Engineer, you will join our core software team and take the lead on developing key pieces of QCI's software architecture, the full quantum stack and tools for cloud access to quantum computation. Your experience will be an asset to the team, as the choices you make in implementation will have a direct impact on the end-user experience for both internal engineers and external customers. Areas in which you will be expected to thrive include working with cloud services and web interfaces, efficient and seamless management of large volumes of data, and quickly adapting to rapidly evolving requirements for internal software tools.
We're looking for someone who has a strong desire to work with smaller, focused teams, collaborating directly with software engineers and demonstrating leadership in initiating new projects in enhancing QCI's stack. You should also be excited about working at a company where writing software that runs on actual hardware will be one of your highest priorities. At the end of the day, we're building both software and hardware, so the two have to mesh, and you'll be playing a central role in making sure that's seamless.
So, why join QCI? You’ll be building software for something that’s totally new, an entirely different way of computing, at a place where your curiosity, ingenuity, and initiative will thrive - you'll learn a ton by working with us and have a lot of fun doing it. We have a deep, fast-paced team that's passionate about building the best quantum computers in the world. Join us if you want to be at the forefront of the quantum revolution.
As a QCI Quantum Software Engineer, here's what you’d be working on:
- Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute QCI’s vision for the full quantum stack, and contribute to its successful deployment as a platform for quantum computation
- Developing high-level system modules and components that interface with quantum computing hardware
- Enhancing the architecture of QCI's cloud and on-premise services
- Developing modeling, testing, and validation tools for quantum hardware
- Streamlining data transfer pathways between core micro-services to promote architectural integrity and efficiency within the stack
What we're looking for from you:
- Fluency in Python
- Strong background in web services
- Experience with databases a big plus
- Extensive experience in working on collaborative, dynamic, and flexible software projects
- A background in scientific computing, quantum physics, and quantum computing in particular, a big plus
- Excellent attention to detail, communication skills, and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team with professionals from other engineering disciplines
- On-site preferred
Quantum Circuits Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.