New Haven, CT /
Quantum Engineering /
Quantum Circuits, Inc. (QCI) is developing a full-stack quantum computing platform using superconducting devices and a modular, robust, and scalable architecture. QCI's mission is to build the first truly useful quantum computers.
Our novel approach to building quantum computers is based on technology developed over a decade of research at Yale University's world-class quantum labs. Our machines have built-in error correction, unique software features that enable lightning-fast algorithm execution, and multiple modes of operation to solve more algorithms than ever, all in one quantum computer.
So, why join QCI? You’ll be working with the latest technology at our state-of-the-art facilities, where your curiosity, ingenuity, and initiative will thrive - you'll learn a ton by working with us and have a lot of fun doing it. We have a deep, fast-paced team that's passionate about building the best quantum computers in the world. Join us if you want to be at the forefront of the quantum revolution.
As a QCI Quantum Technician, here's what you’d be working on:
- Packaging superconducting quantum devices and assembling quantum systems for testing and developing modular quantum computers
- Characterizing and testing superconducting devices and systems using RF measurements
- Operating and managing a variety of scientific equipment (cryogenic, high-vacuum, analog and digital microwave- frequency control electronics for example) including maintenance
- Troubleshooting experimental protocols and systems
What we're looking for from you:
- Extensive experience with experimental physics/engineering projects in a laboratory environment
- Expertise with cryogenic and vacuum systems, RF and low-temperature measurements, and/or scientific software development is preferred
- Proficiency in Python or other programming languages especially for scientific computing, laboratory instrument control, data acquisition, and data analysis
- Experience in quantum physics, quantum information, or quantum computing is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in physics, applied physics, electrical engineering, or similar
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills especially with working in interdisciplinary teams with professionals from other fields of physics and engineering
Quantum Circuits Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.