New Haven, CT /
Hardware Engineering /
Quantum Circuits, Inc. (QCI) is developing a full-stack quantum computing platform using superconducting devices and a modular, robust, and scalable architecture. QCI's mission is to build the first truly useful quantum computers.
Our novel approach to building quantum computers is based on technology developed over a decade of research at Yale University's world-class quantum labs. Our machines have built-in error correction, unique software features that enable lightning-fast algorithm execution, and multiple modes of operation to solve more algorithms than ever, all in one quantum computer.
So, why join QCI? You’ll be working with the latest technology at our state-of-the-art facilities, where your curiosity, ingenuity, and initiative will thrive - you'll learn a ton by working with us and have a lot of fun doing it. We have a deep, fast-paced team that's passionate about building the best quantum computers in the world. Join us if you want to be at the forefront of the quantum revolution.
As a QCI Mechanical Engineer, here's what you’d be working on:
- Design and development of custom machined hardware for cryogenic applications, with a focus on components and assemblies that operate in the microwave frequency domain
- Design, testing, and development of the next generation of quantum device packaging and assembly hardware
- Design of scalable manufacturing and procurement processes for special-purpose hardware
What we're looking for from you:
- Proficiency with SolidWorks or similar CAD software and generating technical drawings for manufacturing
- Extensive experience with machining, sheet-metal work and related manufacturing processes
- Experience working in an engineering or physics laboratory environment, and confidence creating designs that build from a larger body of work in such settings
- Experience overseeing a portfolio of different engineering products--from conception to deployment, through multiple iterations
- Experience with cryogenic hardware design and low-temperature physics is preferred
- Degrees in mechanical engineering, physics, or applied physics preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills especially with working in interdisciplinary teams with professionals from other fields of physics and engineering
Quantum Circuits Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.