Control Systems Engineer
New Haven, CT /
Hardware Engineering /
Quantum Circuits, Inc. (QCI) is developing a full-stack quantum computing platform using superconducting devices and a modular, robust, and scalable architecture. QCI's mission is to build the first truly useful quantum computers.
Our novel approach to building quantum computers is based on technology developed over a decade of research at Yale University's world-class quantum labs. Our machines have built-in error correction, unique software features that enable lightning-fast algorithm execution, and multiple modes of operation to solve more algorithms than ever, all in one quantum computer.
So, why join QCI? You’ll be working with the latest technology at our state-of-the-art facilities, where your curiosity, ingenuity, and initiative will thrive - you'll learn a ton by working with us and have a lot of fun doing it. We have a deep, fast-paced team that's passionate about building the best quantum computers in the world. Join us if you want to be at the forefront of the quantum revolution.
As a Control Systems Engineer, here's what you’d be working on:
- Lead the design and production of our room temperature digital and analog control systems
- Lead an interdisciplinary team of RF and digital engineering and technicians
- Work with our Quantum Engineers to define control systems requirements and establish roadmaps
- Design of scalable manufacturing and procurement processes for custom microwave hardware
- Apply microwave engineering techniques to the domain of superconducting quantum circuits
- Collaborate and coordinate with external consultants and outsourced board production
What we're looking for from you:
- Extensive experience in design and implementation of FPGA and RF hardware products
- Experience in managing a portfolio of microwave engineering projects from design and testing to deployment
- Degrees in electrical engineering, physics, or applied physics preferred
- An interest and background in quantum physics, and quantum computing in particular, is preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, communication skills, and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team with professionals from fields of physics and engineering
Quantum Circuits Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.