Engineering Program Manager
New Haven, CT /
Hardware Engineering /
Quantum Circuits, Inc. (QCI) is developing a full-stack quantum computing platform using superconducting devices and a modular, robust, and scalable architecture. QCI's mission is to build the first truly useful quantum computers.
Our novel approach to building quantum computers is based on technology developed over a decade of research at Yale University's world-class quantum labs. Our machines have built-in error correction, unique software features that enable lightning-fast algorithm execution, and multiple modes of operation to solve more algorithms than ever, all in one quantum computer.
So, why join QCI? You’ll be working with the latest technology at our state-of-the-art facilities, where your curiosity, ingenuity, and initiative will thrive - you'll learn a ton by working with us and have a lot of fun doing it. We have a deep, fast-paced team that's passionate about building the best quantum computers in the world. Join us if you want to be at the forefront of the quantum revolution.
This position plays a critical role in the core mission of QCI: building scalable, high-performance quantum computers. Quantum devices are superconducting circuits that require specialized handling, measurement, and analysis and your work will have a direct impact on the performance of the computer.
You will be managing the project to build a Quantum computer with a cross-functional team of RF, Quantum, Mechanical, and Software engineers
As a QCI Engineering Program Manager, here's what you’d be working on:
- Ensure tight inter-team coordination and communication between Software, Hardware, Quantum Scientists, Mechanical and Fabrication teams.
- Plan the project schedule and execute device builds. Help schedule cryogenic cool down for testing and define goals and timeline.
- Work closely with the team in defining and then executing the development process and phase exit reviews.
- Work with the global engineering teams and deliver the projects within the scheduled plans, requirements, and approved budgets.
- Coordinate and manage the production of parts to meet timeline.
- Support long-term concept schedule and validation plans.
What we're looking for from you:
- 8+ years' experience in hardware engineering program management - proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to details, prioritization and triage of complicating issues.
- Adaptive attitude with fast-evolving industry.
- Proven record in driving cross-functional teams towards common shared goals.
- Self-motivated, proactive, creative and critical problem-solving capabilities.
- BS or MS degree of engineering related field is required, Electrical, Mechanical or computer Science is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Smartsheet or related project scheduling software.
- Experience with JIRA and confluence for project summary and issue tracking.
- Strong communication skills.
Quantum Circuits Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.