Finance – Finance /
😎 Our Culture
Quantum Metric's number one objective is happy people, diverse and inclusive culture. We’re passionate about empowering our people to become the best version of themselves, offering coaching and training programs designed to accelerate their career in whatever direction they choose.
As a remote-first company, we understand the importance of building an engaged, diverse, and fun place to work. We hold regular company-wide events, seasonal challenges + games, and Quantum Metric sponsored local outings when Zoom becomes too much. We also have a number of Employee Resource Groups that provide spaces to discuss, share, and reflect on topics that impact us both inside and outside of work - from being new to SaaS or navigating it as a first-time parent, to overcoming the barriers faced as Black, Asian American and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, LGBTQIA or other underrepresented backgrounds.
We are also passionate about the connections we build with our customers. You’ll not only work with some of the world’s most recognized brands, but build lasting relationships.
At Quantum Metric we value all types of experience and education and don’t expect you to meet every qualification for this position. We are most interested in the unique perspective you can bring and your ability to uphold our values of passion, persistence, and integrity.
🚀 About The Role
Quantum Metric is looking for a smart, motivated, process-oriented individual to fill a recent vacancy in the Assistant Controller role. This person is an excellent project manager who has experience managing a financial close, and can join our growing accounting team and support the team in executing on its vision of providing world-class financial and analytical support, insight and advice to support one of the world’s fastest-growing global technology companies.
In this role, you will be a critical member and leader of a top-notch accounting and finance organization, and play a key role in building and executing on a set of scalable, sustainable and efficient processes and systems to support the organization’s continued growth. Our team is focused on producing and reporting on timely, accurate financial information and on supporting the highest-priority business needs through our use of modern systems and industry-standard best practices, while creating an environment where team members enjoy coming to work and are proud of our contributions to the company’s success.
- Manage the Company’s monthly close process, including the design and implementation of continued improvements. The team currently closes the books in Netsuite in 5 business days.
- Lead the daily operations of a highly-motivated remote accounting team, with a focus on cultivating a positive and inclusive team culture while driving process efficiency and team members’ professional development.
- Coordinate a series of projects to continue to provide best-in-class operational infrastructure to support this growing business.
- Work closely with Revenue Accounting and Payroll Accounting teams to ensure timely and accurate processing of journal entries.
- Oversee expense tracking, vendor management, account reconciliations, payables, and the Company’s multi-entity consolidation.
- Partner with FP&A to prepare monthly, quarterly, and YTD analysis of financial results vs. forecasted and historical results.
- Work cross-functionally with leaders in the organization to assess spending to ensure accurate and timely recording of financial results.
- Partner with other members of the organization on special projects, as needed.
- Coordinate with external advisors on tax, valuation and audit matters.
- Minimum of 5-10 years accounting/finance experience; Must have 2-3 years’ experience leading an efficient monthly close process at a large company.
- High-growth company experience (late-stage startup or public company) is a plus.
- Experience managing teams of highly-motivated individuals and comfort managing remote teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred.
- Experience researching and preparing technical accounting memos (public accounting experience at a large national firm is a plus).
- Established track record of successfully leveraging technology and designing/building process improvements designed to drive efficiency.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial accounting and reporting under US GAAP.
- SaaS/Technology industry experience is a major plus, including a robust understanding of revenue and cost recognition under ASC 606.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment where change is the norm; strong multitasking skills, and flexibility to quickly move from one project to the next.
- Strong organizational skills, detail- and accuracy-oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates our core values of passion, persistence and integrity.
- Expert Excel/Google Sheets skills preferred. Familiarity with our finance tech stack (Netsuite ERP, Concur T&E, FloQast (close), Paylocity HRIS, Xactly) is a plus.
- Compensation: $160,000 - 190,000
🏆 Perks and Benefits
This will be the best group that you ever work with! We support one another through obstacles and succeed as a team. Your hard work will be well rewarded. Most importantly, you'll be strapped to a technology rocket ship bound for greatness! Your success at Quantum Metric will be a milestone in your career.
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (99% Medical base plan paid by the Company)
Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
Voluntary Life & AD&D, STD, LTD
Healthy Rewards – Discount Programs
Calm App access
401k and Options / Equity
12 company holidays
Unlimited Paid Time Off
In addition to our more traditional benefits, we also offer great perks, a flexible work environment, and numerous resources for professional development and team building.
Rewards and recognitions programs
Robust onboarding and training program
One-time stipend for work at home employees
Monthly business expense stipend
Flexible work environments
Employee Discount Program (Perks at Work)
Employee Referral Program
Lead Referral Program
MacBook Pro and awesome swag delivered to your door
Encouraging and collaborative culture
RECHARGE PROGRAM (after 3 years, disconnect for 3 weeks, no email/slack)
🐉 About Quantum Metric
As the leader in Continuous Product Design, Quantum Metric helps organizations put customers at the heart of everything they do. The Quantum Metric platform provides a structured approach to understanding the digital customer journey, enabling organizations to recognize customer needs, quantify the financial impact and prioritize based on the impact to the customer and business’ bottom line.
Today, Quantum Metric captures insights from 40 percent of the world’s internet users, supporting nationally recognized brands in ecommerce and retail, travel, financial services and telecommunications. 6 of our customers come from the top 25 Fortune 500 Companies. Our customer retention rate is 98%.
In January of 2021, Quantum Metric secured its place as the first tech unicorn of the year with an above $1 billion valuation and a $200 million Series B funding round, and we are using those funds to accelerate our product and people growth. Quantum Metric has been named to the Inc 5000 and the Deloitte 500 for the last three-consecutive years and named one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor, BuiltIn, Fast Company and Forbes.
If the above role seems like a match and you’re interested in joining a team of people with exceptional potential from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences, we want to hear from you!
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Quantum Metric reserves the right to change, edit, and add duties and responsibilities of all job descriptions at any time, at its sole discretion, and to notify the respective employee accordingly.
Quantum Metric is an E-Verify employer: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf