Senior Member of Technical Staff
HQ- San Jose, CA /
R&D – Research /
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
Are you an engineer or scientist who loves working on new technologies? We are a stealth technology start-up, located in San Jose, CA working on a breakthrough battery technology. Come join us on our mission as we redefine energy storage to enable a sustainable future! We are growing our team with the addition of a forward-thinking and versatile researcher who is looking for technical challenges and professional growth.
Your responsibilities will include understanding the failure modes of our material system and developing solutions to overcome those limits. This role is inherently hands-on in lab and requires a strong understanding of data analysis and experimental rigor.
- Design and execute experiments to identify materials for high energy density batteries
- Optimize electrode and electrolyte materials stable at high voltage
- Perform failure analyses and materials characterization to understand the limits of new materials
- Collaborate with chemists, materials scientists, process engineers, and technicians in a fast-moving, multidisciplinary environment
- Deliver high-quality technical reports to colleagues
- A Ph.D. in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or related field with experience in battery research; or, a master’s degree in science and engineering and over four years of industrial experience in the energy storage industry
- Direct experience with synthesis and characterization of active materials or electrolytes and in-depth knowledge of electrochemical testing
- You understand and follow safe chemical handling and laboratory practices
- Experience with sophisticated material characterization methods
- Experience in Lithium-ion battery research or development
Passion for making an impact on the world’s energy challenges
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.