Characterization Engineering Intern
HQ- San Jose, CA
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
Come Join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We are a well-funded start-up located in San Jose, California with a new advanced energy storage technology that will allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. We have enabled a step change in performance with a different chemistry and cell architecture that also benefits safety.
Are you passionate for test, excited about new technology and driven for success? Then do we have a position for you.
In response to fast-growing need for data, we are building our battery test team. We are seeking an expert and diligent characterization intern to join our existing team.
In this role you will help QuantumScape achieve success by supporting production and characterization of materials used in batteries. You will have responsibilities that include:
· In depth analysis of electrochemical characteristics of energy storage device
· Design and preparation of model system to get principle information of complexed electrochemical devices
· Design and execute experiments to evaluate the effectiveness of your solutions
· Collaborate with scientists and engineers from multiple disciplines to optimize solutions
· Deliver high-quality technical reports to colleagues
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
· You have a sound understanding of electrochemistry fundamentals
· You are self-motivated and have a track record of learning new skills and techniques, and applying those to achieve results
· You thrive in a dynamic, technically-challenging environment, and quickly adapt to changes
· You are a strong communicator and enjoy working as part of a collaborative team to tackle complex challenges
· You share a real passion for our missionemicals.
· You are a student in BS or MS course in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related technical field
· Hands-on research experience in electrochemistry or energy storage-related projects
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.