Senior Benefits & HRIS Specialist
HQ- San Jose, CA
G&A – Human Resources
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We’re looking for a dedicated HR Professional to join our team. In this role, you will partner with the Director, HR to and leverage your previous experience and current knowledge to lead the administration and compliance of our benefits plans and increase the robustness of our HRIS and related systems.
There is flexibility to engage in a full-time, part-time or consulting capacity.
Act as the main point of contact for our team members regarding benefit plans, open & QLE enrollment processes and requirements; administer plans; coordinate enrollment communications; billing reconciliation; benefits off-boarding
Provide quick and consistent communication across various internal & external groups including employees, brokers, benefit carriers, regulatory agencies
Own open enrollment processes, including the configuration, testing, implementation and post-enrollment audits across ADP Workforcenow, carrier and TPA systems
Monitor ACA compliance & facilitate related reporting & notifications
Support preparation and review of information for 5500s, Non-Discrimination Testing, FLSA, ADA, ACA, FMLA, .
-Manage our LOA programs in compliance with state and federal requirements & evaluate opportunities to go beyond the minimum legal requirements (FMLA, CFRA, PFL, WC, etc)
Evaluate existing system configurations to optimize employee & manager self-service
Create efficiencies by getting a deeper understanding of current processes, integrations, data flows and system capabilities
Audit, update or implement processes to ensure HRIS data integrity
Assess the internal impact of ongoing WFN enhancements and take appropriate steps to communicate and or fully leverage new feature
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in an HR role, reflecting a strong generalist background gradually moving into benefits & HRIS focused roles
- Experience implementing and expert-level knowledge of at least one HRIS;
- Practical experience in LOAs and workers compensation & ADA processes
- Strong knowledge and understanding of federal and state regulations and filing, compliance, and communication requirements around benefit programs (COBRA, FSA, HIPAA, IRS codes, leaves etc).
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Word & PowerPoint;
- Understands that processes & systems should support our people strategy rather than the other way around;
- Meticulous & detail oriented and self-sufficient in keeping yourself organized
- Approaches every aspect of the role with a “no task too big or too small” attitude and always willing to help out with other HR responsibilities when needed
- Any of the following are a strong plus:
- Experience working with ADP WFN; a Bachelor's degree; CBP certification; experience in immigration processes or global mobility programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.