R&D Technician, Analytical
HQ- San Jose, CA
R&D – Physical Characterization
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
QuantumScape is a start-up located in San Jose, California, and is working on a new technology for energy storage. We are seeking a motivated and diligent day shift technician to support method development and physical analysis work. The role is expected to consistently provide high quality analytical work in a fast-paced environment.
· Prepare samples and operate analytical instruments
· Manage sample submission queues to achieve high throughput and fast turnaround
· Deliver high quality, consistent and reliable test results
· Monitor and log key parameters during tests; clear lab notebook keeping and database interactions
· Document calibration and maintenance records
· Maintenance, troubleshooting and minor repairs of analytical instruments
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Able to work on day shift (7:30am-4pm) Tuesday-Saturday
· Hand-on experiences in analytical tools, such as ICP-OES, XRD and mechanical testing
· Knowledge of safe laboratory practices, especially in handling chemicals
· Ability to perform work in a glovebox, dry room or fume hood
· Motivated to learn new techniques and refine existing techniques
· Clear written and verbal communication skills
· Motivated and capable of working independently and within a team
Nice to haves
· A technical degree from a 2-year program or more
· > 3 years’ Experience in an analytical or chemical lab
· Knowledge and experience in analytical chemistry, X-ray techniques, surface analysis and mechanical testing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.