Associate Member of Technical Staff, Process Engineer
HQ- San Jose, CA /
R&D – Product Engineering /
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We are a start-up located in San Jose, California working on new energy storage technology to allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. Our leap in energy density and charge rate is enabled by a different chemistry and cell architecture which also benefits safety. Our quick progress is due in part to a state of the art laboratory facility, highly automated data collection and analysis, and a strong and clear set of values.
As part of product engineering team, you will help us with cell assembly process development and process optimization
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Characterize existing processes, establish controls for critical parameters, improve process robustness
- Design the tools and manufacturing processes
- Develop and define pouch sealing and tab welding processes
- Proficient in data analysis, interpretation, and presentation of experimental data
- Communicate with vendors to design new equipment or fixtures
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Build process documentation including PFD, PFMEA, control plan
- Work in accordance with all safety procedures
Experience and education
- BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or closely related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience working with battery assembly process
- Experience developing tools and fixtures for battery assembly process
- Practical knowledge of six sigma methodologies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
*QuantumScape does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers.