R&D Technician- Swing Shift
HQ- San Jose, CA
R&D – Materials Engineering
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We are looking for a diligent R&D Technician to support setter development work. Our ideal team member is a skilled research technician, who can work effectively in teams and independently.
We are a stealth start-up energy storage technology company, working on a fundamental disruption in the field of energy storage. We seek to change the paradigm in energy storage by developing a completely new class of electrical energy storage devices. If successful, the technology could revolutionize the industry. We are backed by top VC firms and based on work done by researchers at Stanford University. We are growing our team with the addition of a motivated individual who is seeking technical challenges and professional growth.
The current schedule for this position is a swing shift.
- Under tight deadlines, produce, analyze, document and report experimental details, achieving reproducible, high-quality data in a timely and professional manner
- Follow SOPs, keep accurate and detailed laboratory records and shift reports
- Communicate daily results and summarize progress with engineers or supervisor, verbally or through written shift reports
- Troubleshoot, rapidly propose solutions and/or seek help for experimental issues
- Maintain laboratory equipment performance and report issues immediately to manager or project engineers
- Maintain R&D laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; verifying receipt of supplies and notify engineers on needs
- Resolves laboratory problems by consulting with engineers, facility/maintenance personnel
- Two years of work experience in a fast-paced lab or manufacturing environment requiring high accuracy execution of processes or experiments
- Excellent organization and meticulous record-keeping skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Thrive in a fast-paced research and development environment working with multidisciplinary team and scientists
- Experience with ceramic processing methods and optical microscopes, polishing, wet chemistry, higher temperature furnaces
- Capable of coordinating with other technicians and research engineers in preparing samples each week to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to perform work in a clean room, glovebox, dry room or fume hood that requires the use of fine motor skills for extended periods of time, standing, reaching and twisting motions with hands and lifting up to 15 lbs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.