Senior Member of Technical Staff
HQ- San Jose, CA
R&D – Method Development & Analytical
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future!
We are looking for a hardworking engineer to focus on solid-state battery development and characterization. Our ideal team member is self-motivated, can deliver against tight development schedules, has good interpersonal skills, can work independently as well as in teams and enjoys working on challenging and impactful projects.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Develop solid-state lamination process. This includes screening and assessing the materials that fit our design criteria at a component level; developing tools and configurations to integrate the intended material into our test platform; evaluating the process yield and improving throughput
- Inspect and control the quality of laminated components. This includes investigating the interfacial properties from chemical, mechanical, and electrochemical aspects; proposing and qualifying approaches to improve the performance of the laminated device
- Collaborate with engineers from multiple disciplines to optimize solutions and ensure that device design and performance goals are met; deliver high-quality technical report
- Perform under pressure in fast paced environment
- You have a PhD in mechanical engineering / materials science / chemical engineering with research experience or master with 3 years of industry experience in a related field to this job description.
- You love working in an energizing environment and have "whatever it takes to get the job done" attitude
- You are familiar with electrochemistry and interface characterizations of batteries
- You have deep understanding in battery materials physical characterization
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practices, especially in handling chemicals
- Ability to perform work in a glovebox, dry room or fume hood
- Motivated to learn new techniques and refine existing techniques
- Clear written and verbal skills to logically communicate ideas and reports
- Motivated and capable of working independently and within a team
- PhD in Materials Science with 2 years of industry experience in battery field
- Working knowledge of ceramic materials mechanical properties, tribology with electrochemical testing for energy storage devices: CV, EIS
- Understands statistical process control and strives to implement the control, DFMEA and PFMEA
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.