R&D Technician, Swing Shift
HQ- San Jose, CA /
R&D – Materials Development /
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We are a well-funded start-up located in San Jose, California with a new advanced energy storage technology that will allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. We have enabled a step change in performance with a different chemistry and cell architecture that also benefits safety.
Are you passionate for test, excited about new technology and driven for success? Then do we have a position for you. In response to fast-growing need for data, we are building our battery test team. We are seeking an expert and diligent R&D Technician to join our existing team.
The current shift for this position is swing shift. 4:00pm to 12:00am, Monday through Friday.
In this role you will help QuantumScape achieve success by supporting production and characterization of materials used in batteries. You will have responsibilities that include:
– collaborating with scientists and engineers to synthesize and analyze new materials for batteries;
– preparing test battery cells for successful test execution;
– scheduling, configuring and performing different types of tests, making sure that tests start in a timely manner;
– ensuring devices, tests, and results are handled with care and accurately recorded;
– ensuring the integrity of test data through the careful execution of procedures, attention to detail and communication of issues;
– maintaining the organization and function of the laboratory space and equipment including preventive maintenance and calibration;
– ensuring the ongoing success of the lab by engaging in continuous improvement in safety, delivery and quality.
– Two years of work experience in a fast-paced lab or manufacturing environment requiring high accuracy execution of processes or experiments;
– Excellent organization and meticulous record-keeping skills;
– Proficiency with MS Office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint;
– Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed;
– Thrive in a dynamic research and development environment working with multidisciplinary team and scientists;
– Ability to perform work in a clean room, glovebox, dry room or fume hood that requires the use of fine motor skills for extended periods of time, standing, reaching and twisting motions with hands and lifting up to 15 lbs;
– excellent familiarity with laboratory operation with the ability to handle chemicals safely, understand SDS description, follow safety actions and alertness to abnormal situations;
– tight-knit collaboration and teamwork, including clear and open communication; to ensure issues with samples and tests are quickly addressed.
Any of the following are a plus:
In addition to the above, the following will help you be successful:
– Knowledge of basic chemistry (meaning of pH, ability to calculate weight of starting materials according with target material compositions, etc);
– You have experience with commercial battery test equipment
– Knowledge of secondary (rechargeable) battery components and electrical characteristics;
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.