HQ- San Jose, CA
R&D – Information Systems
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future. We are developing batteries that will power the next generation of transportation. We agree that software is eating the world; as such, we are leaning on software to give us a competitive edge. We are looking for an energetic developer to augment our small, diverse team. You will work with developers as well as chemists, materials scientists, process engineers, and physicists in an exciting, multidisciplinary environment. You are a full-stack engineer or slightly lean towards web and front-end development.
You are an engineer who loves moving quickly and working on leading edge technologies. Your responsibility will be to work with our software team to maintain and expand our software infrastructure throughout the stack to give our researchers world-class tools. You will build web interfaces for scientists and technicians to input and view data, and mine that data to unearth correlations. You will develop and deploy code for on premise applications as well as in the cloud. You may develop and implement algorithms for data reduction and processing. Quality and uptime is key, so you will maintain a high uptime on a robust platform for data ingestion and egress. You will react quickly to any exceptions, errors, and alerts.
In the course of your work, you will become versed in the increasingly impactful battery industry and be able to anticipate our research team's needs. You are a good communicator and an extraordinary teammate. You seek out challenges and learning opportunities. You want to work in a startup environment: a fast pace energizes you, you can wear several hats and pitch in where needed.
Degree in programming or at least 3 years' experience in software development and deployment
Experience with relational databases (MySQL)
In this role, you will:
- Develop, deploy and maintain internal applications for our scientists and engineers
- Implement and maintain data collection & processing pipelines, working with large data sets
- Quickly prototype different approaches for pathfinding in larger projects as well as to deploy one-off solutions
- Model data efficiently in MySQL databases
- Develop, maintain and document internal REST APIs
- Degree in programming or at least 3 years' experience in software development and deployment
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL)
- You have web and UI development skills
- You have used .NET and perhaps ASP.NET, and WEB API
- You understand implementation of open source frameworks
- We prefer experience in N-Tier architecture development
- Experience in at least one cloud environment; we have a preference for GCP
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.