Senior Member of Technical Staff
HQ- San Jose, CA /
R&D – Materials Development /
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We are a well-funded start-up located in San Jose, California with a new sophisticated energy storage technology that will allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. We have enabled a step change in performance with a different chemistry and cell architecture that also benefits safety.
In order to tackle R&D challenges quickly, we are seeking a highly skilled, hands-on engineer to join our existing team.
In this role you will help QuantumScape to achieve success by being a primary technical contact of electrode design and development. You will have responsibilities that include:
– Collaborating a multidisciplinary team to realize state-of-the-art batteries;
– You will perform Electrode design, Cell fabrication and Material R&D to achieve both high energy density and excellent reliability.
– Development and validation of new electrode preparation processes for new, outstanding architecture.
– Installing new tools and equipment needed to achieve the target.
– Master degree in Chemical, or Materials Engineering, or closely related field
– Over 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role
Skills & Abilities Knowledge:
– Deep understanding of electrochemistry and material characterization techniques.
– Experience and knowledge on material synthesis.
– Ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization; clearly and logically able to convey ideas and thought processes, both verbally and in writing.
– Excellent familiarity with laboratory operation with the ability to handle chemicals accurately.
Any of the following are a plus:
– Industrial experience of working in the field of battery sector.
– Experience with Statistical Process Control.
– Script coding skills (python, jmp).
– Experience in image analysis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.