HQ- San Jose, CA
R&D – Hardware Engineering
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
QuantumScape is seeking a Senior Automation Engineer to join our growing team engineering.
We are a stealth start-up energy storage technology company, located in San Jose, California working on a fundamental disruption in the field of energy storage. We seek to change the paradigm in energy storage by developing a completely new class of electrical energy storage device. If successful, the technology could revolutionize the industry. We are backed by top VC firms and based on work done by researchers at Stanford University. We are looking to grow our team with the addition of a motivated individual who is seeking technical challenges and professional growth.
Do you enjoy a meaningful and creative environment?! A culture where you can excel and autonomously solve difficult problems?
Here, you will become educated on the unique equipment and processes used for our engineering pilot line and will become well versed in their operation.
In this role:
- Work with outside suppliers to define and deliver complex automation equipment specially designed for our unique processes.
- Define, own and drive internal automation design projects and be responsible to grow the future automation team.
- Work directly on vendor supplied and in house supplied automation equipment to ensure it is running optimally. Define and implement operating procedures and periodic maintenance procedures and intervals.
- Help to specify and recommend factory automation and MES software
- BS or MS Engineering degree with 10+ years’ experience in Automation, robotics, or mechatronics design.
- Pick and place automation design with camera systems preferred but not a must.
- Work with your hands, you are resourceful, curious and not afraid to fail.
- Work well in teams and as an individual contributor. You have strong project management skill and an autonomous working style.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.