Senior Member of Technical Staff, Mechanical Engineer
HQ- San Jose, CA /
R&D – Product Engineering /
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We are a start-up located in San Jose, California working on new energy storage technology to allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. Our leap in energy density and charge rate is enabled by a different chemistry and cell architecture which also benefits safety. Our quick progress is due in part to a state of the art laboratory facility, highly automated data collection and analysis, and a strong and clear set of values.
Do you want to learn about and work on this critical part of the future energy economy? As part of our Product Engineering team, you will develop cell prototypes, test platforms, and production processes to help put this technology on the road.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop new cell packaging according to the customer's requirement
- Conduct thermal/mechanical analysis for battery cells and modules
- Develop and maintain product drawings and related document
- Work with vendors to source parts and develop processes
- Develop and design internal production processes and assembly fixtures with teams
- Collect electrical and mechanical data and characterize the performance and reliability of your designs
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Seven years of industrial experience developing reliable electromechanical devices for production
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- You have a strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- You know the properties and trade-offs of engineering materials and processes
- You are proficient with a CAD system like CATIA or SolidWorks and basic finite element analysis
- You can use tolerance analysis and are familiar with failure modes and effects analysis
- You are skilled in quality management processes and statistical techniques
- You have excellent data analysis and presentation skills
- You love working closely with a team in an energizing environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.