Part-Time EHS Intern
HQ- San Jose, CA
G&A – Operations
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
QuantumScape is looking for an EHS Intern (16-20 hours/week; flexible hours) who can start ASAP. The successful candidate has strong desire of pursuing a career in EHS.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Hazardous waste manifest management
· Chemical labeling
· Safety Data Sheet management
· Chemical inventory management
· Facility signage
· Participate in weekly and monthly safety inspections, housekeeping 5S inspections, storm water inspections
· Monthly checks of fire extinguishers, first aid kits, safety and ERT equipment
· Assist with the training material preparation and periodically deliver the training
· Assist with data management
· Update safety incidents, hazardous waste, utility graphs at the end of each month
· Participate in ERT training
Currently enrolled in a full-time degree program program in chemistry or chemical engineering.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the company
Strong presentation skills
Ability to collaborate and coordinate with people at all levels within the organization
Proficiency with MS Office suite
Detail oriented and organized
Ability to adapt and work effectively in a fast paced environment
Nice to Have:
Experience with SharePoint and Visio are a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.