Associate Member of Technical Staff, Metrology
HQ- San Jose, CA
R&D – Physical Characterization
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We’re on a mission to electrify cars by building the next generation of energy storage technology! Do you want to make a major contribution to this critical part of the future energy economy? As a member of the metrology team, you will help us develop and build advanced measurement and imaging systems for collecting high velocity data predictive of battery performance.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop critical component level measurements and tests that scale.
- Build prototype measurement systems, fixtures and assemblies for testing.
- Collaborate with hardware and process team members to integrate methods into our production line.
- Collect and analyze metrology data for the purposes of establishing measurement principles and monitoring performance.
- Develop SOPs, educate and train technical team members
- Survey measurement technologies and approaches
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated and have a track record of learning new skills and applying those to achieve results.
- Thrive in a dynamic, technically-challenging environment, and quickly adapt to changes.
- A good communicator and enjoy working as part of a collaborative team to tackle complex challenges.
- Have strong attention to detail and organization.
- Able to multi-task with excellent time management; strive to root cause complex problems.
- Share a real passion for our mission.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Professional or academic experience analyzing data with statistical software tools (Python, R, JMP, MySQL).
- Previous experience using measurement, imaging, or characterization systems.
- Experience with basic concepts of mechanical design.
Previous experience in any of the following:
- Machine vision instrumentation (configuration, testing, and/or image analysis)
- Sensors (optical, acoustic, thermal)
- Measurement systems analysis, statistical process control, and design of experiments
- Rapid prototyping of electromechanical systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.