Senior Member of Technical Staff, Electrolyte Development
HQ- San Jose, CA /
R&D – Electrolyte Development /
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
QuantumScape is located in San Jose, California working on new energy storage technology to allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. Our leap in energy density and recharge rate is enabled by solid-state chemistry and cell architecture which also benefits safety. Our quick progress is due in part to a state-of-the-art laboratory facility, highly automated data collection and analysis, and a strong and clear set of values.
Do you want to learn about and work on this critical part of the future energy economy? As part of our Electrolyte team, you will work directly with scientists, engineers, and technicians refining and scaling the production of next-generation batteries.
QuantumScape is seeking a highly motivated materials scientist with excellent fundamentals to further improve the performance of our novel solid-state battery materials and components. You will learn how the technology works, perform R&D to meet exacting product requirements, and collaborate with the broader team to improve our materials and processes.
Experience and Education
• PhD in materials science, ceramics, chemical engineering, applied physics, or related field. MS and BS candidates with equivalent experience and a proven track record in research and development will also be considered.
• Knowledge and experience in safe chemical handling and laboratory practices
Skills & Knowledge
• Proven ability to characterize, understand, and drive materials research and process development
• Knowledge of statistical methods
• Capable of working independently and driving projects to completion
• Ability to communicate clearly and candidly; a strong affinity for teamwork
• Thrive in a fast paced, technically exciting environment and quickly adapt to changes
• References that can attest to your passion, curiosity, creativity, and integrity.
• Passion for making an impact on the world’s energy challenges.
Experience in the following areas is desirable
• Experience in ceramic materials and processing especially ceramic thin films
• Mechanical properties and characterization
• Experience in process and/or manufacturing scale-up
• Experience in solid electrolyte or energy materials
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
*QuantumScape does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers.