Senior Member of Technical Staff, Development
HQ- San Jose, CA
R&D – Materials Engineering
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We are a well-funded start-up located in San Jose, California with a new energy storage technology that will allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. We have enabled a step change in performance with a different chemistry and cell architecture that also benefits safety.
Do you want to make a major contribution to this critical part of the future energy economy? As a member of the advanced development team, you will help us develop and test new device architecture components that will lead to further improvements in electrical performance over the lifespan of the product.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop new materials and processes essential for integrating components into a robust and scalable electrochemical device
- Identify new and manage existing relationships with outside component suppliers and development partners
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your solutions via mechanical and electrical performance and life cycle testing
- Write design targets and specifications to communicate with internal and external parties
- Collaborate with engineers from multiple disciplines to optimize solutions and ensure that device design and performance goals are met
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- You have a deep understanding of materials science and engineering fundamentals
- You are skilled at materials design and selection for scalability and understand chemical structure-property relationships
- You are hands-on, data driven, and enjoy working as part of a collaborative team in a dynamic and energizing environment
- You share a real passion for our mission
- You received a MS or PhD in materials science, chemical engineering, or a related technical field
- You have at least 5 years of industry experience (3 years with a PhD), preferably working with electrochemical or electrical devices
- You've worked with both ceramic and polymeric compounds and have some experience with bonding, seals, or related applications
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.