Senior Member of Technical Staff, Materials Engineer
HQ- San Jose, CA /
R&D – Electrolyte Development /
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We’re looking to grow our team with the addition of a dedicated senior scientist/engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a strong affinity for teamwork
You will use your previous experience in materials research and development, to support the production of novel Lithium battery components while delivering improvements in quality and performance
- Apply knowledge of DOE style experimentation, statistical analysis of data and process control (SPC) to plan and execute high-quality experiments arriving at unambiguous results;
- Accelerate our rate of learning by rapidly iterating on results
- Present your findings and recommendations to help drive technical decisions
- PhD in ceramic science, physics, chemistry, materials science or related field OR a BS and 5+ years of experience working with solid-state materials, ceramics, Lithium-ion or electronic materials
- 1+ years' experience with ceramic processing, material characterization, and in the planning and execution of experiments
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of ceramic science, powder processing, thick film processing, sintering
- Proficient in safe laboratory practices especially in handling powders, solvents, and chemicals
- Collaborative and ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- Organized and efficient in prioritizing and managing experimental activity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
*QuantumScape does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers.