Senior Member of Technical Staff, Analytical
HQ- San Jose, CA
R&D – Method Development & Analytical
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We are looking for a materials scientist or an analytical chemist to focus on lithium ion battery materials characterization and development. Our ideal team member is a self-directed, proactive teammate who has a track record of delivering results against tight development schedules.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to collaborate with a hardworking team in a fast paced environment and make meaningful contributions to technical challenges.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE;
- Developing materials characterization methods to support company wide R&D activities, such as materials development, IQC, failure analysis
- Designing and implementing measurement system analysis
- Introducing and qualifying new analytical instruments; documenting SOP and training users
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, performing basic repairs
- Prioritizing support of analytical instruments
- Tracking sample submission and manage analytical instruments to deliver high quality data in timely manner
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- You have a PhD in materials science or Chemical Engineering with hands-on lab experience or Master degree and a minimum of 3 years of industry experience in commercial analytical labs using, troubleshooting and maintaining analytical tools
- Formal training or experience in applying MSA and SPC concepts to yield process improvements
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge of surface analysis, thermal analysis and vibrational spectroscopy
- You are familiar with electrochemistry and interface characterizations of batteries
- Ability to independently develop new analytical techniques and methods and motivated to learn new techniques and perfect existing techniques
- Clear communication to coworkers, instrument vendors and tool users; Clear written and verbal skills to logically communicate ideas and thought processes
- You are effective working independently and within a team on high impact projects.
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practices, especially in handling chemicals
- Ability to perform work in a glovebox, dry room or fume hood
- PhD with 3 years experience in battery research and/or 5 years in analytical labs with experiences in instrument management
- Well versed in bulk and surface analysis techniques: XPS, XRD, FTIR, Raman, TGA, DSC, ICP-OSE, combustion analysis, DMA, nanoindentation, mechanical testing
- Understands statistical process control and strives to implement the control, GR&R and MSA; familiar with statistical analysis software such as JMP and database query
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.