Associate Member of Technical Staff, Product Engineer
HQ- San Jose, CA /
R&D – Product Engineering /
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We are a start-up located in San Jose, California working on new energy storage technology to allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. Do you want to make a major contribution to this critical part of the future energy economy?
As a member of the product engineering team, you will work under the mentorship of a senior engineer to design, develop, and build our full battery cell. This includes creating prototypes, test platforms, and production processes to help put our technology on the road.
Join us in a role that tackles a variety of interdisciplinary challenges!
- Develop new materials to enable battery cells with high energy density and reliability
- Plan and execute experiments to characterize the properties of critical components
- Analyze chemical, mechanical, and electrical data in order to present your findings to the team
- Collaborate with hardware engineers to design new measurement setups
- Devise techniques for fabrication/assembly of components
- Work with process engineers to optimize procedures and help scale for production
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or equivalent
- Previous academic or industry laboratory experience independently performing experiments and analyzing data
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Have a strong foundation in engineering fundamentals and understanding of material properties
- Are self-motivated with a track record of learning new skills and applying them to independently achieve results
- Thrive in a dynamic, technically-challenging environment and quickly adapt to changes
- Can clearly communicate technical ideas and enjoy working as part of a collaborative team
- Possess strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Are able to multi-task with excellent time management
- Share a passion for clean energy technology!
- Experience with basic handling of chemicals in a lab setting (e.g. making mixtures, modifying simple formulations)
- Familiarity with statistics and data analysis software (e.g. Python, R, MATLAB, JMP)
- Experience using material characterization tools (e.g. mechanical testing, spectroscopy)
- Knowledge of polymer properties and processing techniques (e.g. deposition, lamination, molding)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.