Member of Technical Staff, Cathode R&D
HQ- San Jose, CA /
R&D – Materials Development /
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
QuantumScape is an energy storage technology company, located in San Jose, California, and we are working on a fundamental disruption in the field of energy storage. We seek to change the paradigm in energy storage by developing a completely new class of electrical energy storage device. We are backed by top VC firms and our ground-breaking technology is based on work done by researchers at Stanford University.
In order to tackle R&D challenges quickly, we are seeking a highly skilled, hands-on engineer to join our existing team.
In this role you will help QuantumScape to achieve success by being a technical contact of electrode design and development. You will have responsibilities that include:
– You will perform Electrode design, Cell fabrication to achieve both high energy density. ;
– Development and validation of new electrode preparation processes for new, outstanding architecture;
– Collaborating a multidisciplinary team to realize state-of-the-art batteries;
–You possess a Bachelor's degree and process/product development experience;
–You love working on an energizing and ground breaking technology;
–You share our passion for our mission;
–You have good interpersonal and presentation skills;
–You are familiar with electrochemistry;
–You are well versed with safe laboratory practices, especially in handling chemicals;
–You are comfortable working in a glovebox, dry room or fume hood;
–You are motivated to learn new techniques and refine existing techniques;
SKILLS & ABILITIES KNOWLEDGE:
– Experience and knowledge on material synthesis;
– Ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization; clearly and logically able to convey ideas and thought processes, both verbally and in writing;
– Excellent familiarity with laboratory operation with the ability to handle chemicals accurately;
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ARE A PLUS:
– Industrial experience of working in the field of battery sector;
– Experience with Statistical Process Control;
– Script coding skills (python, jmp);
– Experience in image analysis;
–May work with airtight isolation chambers and/or wear neoprene or vinyl gloves for 15-30% of the time;
–May frequently reach above shoulder heights and below the waist;
–May be required to use hand or power tools;
–Ability to stoop, kneel, crawl, lift, push and extend arms;
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
*QuantumScape does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers.