Member of Technical Staff, Development
HQ- San Jose, CA
R&D – Materials Engineering
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We are a well-funded start-up located in San Jose, California with a new energy storage technology that will allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. We have enabled a step change in performance with a different chemistry and cell architecture that also benefits safety.
Do you want to make a major contribution to this critical part of the future energy economy? As a member of the development team, you will help us develop and test new materials and device components that will lead to further improvements in product performance and reliability.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop new materials and processes, and integrate them into a robust and scalable electrochemical device
- Characterize the physical and electrochemical properties of these new materials using state-of-the-art analytical methods
- Design and execute experiments to evaluate the effectiveness of your solutions via electrical performance and life cycle testing
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers from multiple disciplines to optimize solutions and ensure that device design and performance goals are met
- Deliver high-quality technical reports to colleagues
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- You have a sound understanding of materials science and chemistry fundamentals
- You are self-motivated and have a track record of learning new skills and techniques, and applying those to achieve results
- You thrive in a dynamic, technically-challenging environment, and quickly adapt to changes
- You are a strong communicator and enjoy working as part of a collaborative team to tackle complex challenges
- You share a real passion for our mission
- You received a BS or MS in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related technical field
- Hands-on research experience in electrochemistry or energy storage-related projects
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.