Member of Technical Staff, Materials Process Engineer
HQ- San Jose, CA /
R&D – Product Engineering /
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We are a start-up located in San Jose, California working on new energy storage technology to allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. Do you want to make a major contribution to this critical part of the future energy economy?
As a member of the product engineering team, you will help design, develop, and build our full battery cell. This includes creating new materials and production processes to help put our technology on the road.
Join us in a role that tackles a variety of interdisciplinary challenges!
- Develop new polymer materials to enable battery cells with high energy density and reliability
- Plan and execute experiments to characterize the properties of critical components
- Analyze chemical, mechanical, and electrical data in order to present your findings to the team
- Collaborate with hardware engineers to design and optimize equipment to process/deposit polymer materials
- Work with product engineers to define process specifications and ensure quality control
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or equivalent
- 1+ year(s) of previous laboratory or manufacturing experience working with fabrication tools, performing experiments, and analyzing data
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Possess a strong foundation in engineering fundamentals and understanding of material properties
- Have experience with handling of chemicals in a lab setting (e.g. making mixtures, modifying simple formulations)
- Are self-motivated with a track record of learning new skills and applying them to independently achieve results
- Thrive in a dynamic, technically-challenging environment and quickly adapt to changes
- Can clearly communicate technical ideas and enjoy working as part of a collaborative team
- Exhibit strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Are able to multi-task with excellent time management
- Share a passion for clean energy technology!
- Knowledge of polymer properties and processing techniques (e.g. deposition, lamination, molding)
- Familiarity with statistics and data analysis software (e.g. Python, R, MATLAB, JMP)
- Experience using material characterization tools (e.g. mechanical testing, spectroscopy)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
*QuantumScape does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers.