Member of Technical Staff, Mechanical Engineer
HQ- San Jose, CA /
R&D – Product Engineering /
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We are a start-up located in San Jose, California working on new energy storage technology to allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. Our leap in energy density and charge rate is enabled by a different chemistry and cell architecture which also benefits safety. Our quick progress is due in part to a state of the art laboratory facility, highly automated data collection and analysis, and a strong and clear set of values.
Do you want to learn about and work on this critical part of the future energy economy?
Under the direction of a senior engineer, you will develop cell prototypes, test platforms, and production processes to help put this technology on the road.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop new cell packaging according to the customer's requirement
- Conduct thermal/mechanical analysis for battery cells and modules
- Conduct design and product validation test
- Develop and maintain product drawings and related document
- Work with vendors to source parts and develop processes
- Develop and design internal production processes and assembly fixtures with teams
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 3 years of industry experience developing reliable electromechanical devices for production
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- You have a strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- You are proficient with a CAD system like CATIA or Inventor.
- You know the properties and trade-offs of engineering materials and processes
- You can use tolerance analysis and are familiar with failure modes and effects analysis
- You are skilled in quality management processes and statistical techniques
- You have excellent data analysis and presentation skills
- You love working closely with a team in an energizing environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
*QuantumScape does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers.