Associate Member of Technical Staff
HQ- San Jose, CA /
R&D – Process Engineering /
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
QuantumScape is located in San Jose, California working on new energy storage technology to allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. Our leap in energy density and charge rate is enabled by a different chemistry and cell architecture which also benefits safety. Our quick progress is due in part to a state-of-the-art laboratory facility, highly automated data collection and analysis, and a strong and clear set of values.
Do you want to learn about and work on this critical part of the future energy economy? As a team member, you will have an opportunity help us develop and test new materials and device components that will lead to further improvements in our product performance and reliability.
• Develop new materials for our battery systems under the supervision of a senior engineer.
· Characterize the materials using physical and chemical analytical methods such as XRD, XPS, EIS, TGA, DSC.
• Determine root cause for failed devices using design of experiments.
• Work towards reducing variability in our current processes.
• Communicate results with the broader team
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• You have a strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals
• You have hands-on experience in a wet chemistry laboratory environment, preferably in gloveboxes or using high temperature furnaces.
• You can use at least one type of engineering software (e.g., JMP, MATLAB/python/R etc.)
• You learn and adapt quickly
• You respond to challenges with solutions
• You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
• B.S. in Ceramics Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering or equivalent
• You have contributed to a hands-on design project and/or conducted experiments in a laboratory setting
• You love working closely with a team in an energizing environment
• You share our real passion for our mission
The interested applicant should be open to working non-traditional shifts/evening shifts, as this role entails supporting a continuous process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
*QuantumScape does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers.