Associate Member of Technical Staff, Research Engineer (copy)
HQ- San Jose, CA /
R&D – Research /
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future. We are developing batteries that will power the next generation of transportation. We are looking for an energetic, hands-on teammate to join a small swat team working directly with our CTO on high-risk, high-reward research projects.
You are an engineer or scientist who loves moving quickly and working on leading edge technologies. You are quantitative and tenacious; you are a good communicator and an extraordinary teammate. You seek out challenges and learning opportunities. You want to work in a startup environment: a fast pace energizes you, you can wear several hats and pitch in where needed.
Your responsibility will be to test out novel ideas that will not always work, but when they do, could have a large impact. You will be hands-on in lab and engage in data analysis. You may do modelling if and when you can develop a model to develop our intuition about less-understood phenomena. You will collaborate with chemists, mechanical engineers, materials scientists, process engineers, and physicists in a fast-moving, multidisciplinary environment. In the course of your work, you will become versed in the increasingly impactful battery industry.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Rapidly prototype new ideas, remaining undeterred by early failures
- Perform statistical analysis of the results and communicate your results to colleagues
- Change our technical direction by demonstrating a proof-of-concept prototype
- Masters degree in science or engineering
- Hands-on experience in a lab, machine shop, or equivalent
- Sound quantitative reasoning skills
- A PhD in engineering or science is a plus but not required
- Your passion for making an impact on the world's energy challenges
Are you excited to learn and be challenged? Please apply to join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.